Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tango Thursday






Happy Thursday! I have a new project to post today. One of the goals I set for myself this year was to try and submit at least one card to the demo contest with Stampin' UP! I mailed the one for the post from the other day and I decided this month I would submit two contest entries. We are able to submit as many projects as we wish as long as they are received by the due date. I am really good at taking a picture or project and copying it but I am trying much harder to create original ideas. This card is an original. I used Fresh Cuts and Baroque Motifs stamp sets. I used Tango Tangerine, Pacific Point, and Very Vanilla card stock. I used Basic Brown and Tango Tangerine ink. Clear embossing powder, dazzling diamonds, scallop oval punch, and dimensionals for my accessories. I didn't really measure my card stock but I know the card fits into a standard medium SU envelope. I took the main image from the Fresh Cuts set inked it with Basic Brown and stamped it on Very Vanilla card stock. I did measure this to the extent that there is 1/4 of Very Vanilla around the stamped image. Once I had the image trimmed, I took a Stamping Sponge and added Tango Tangerine ink to the entire image, making it heavier around the edges. Then I took the Basic Brown and sponged ink around the edges over the Tango Tangerine. Once I had the brown ink on I added some more Tangerine to the center of the image to make it a little darker. I stamped the swirl image from the Baroque Motifs set with Versamark Ink. Then added clear embossing powder and used my heat tool to set the powder. I am very happy that you can actually see that in my pictures. I used the smallest flower from the Motifs set. Once again, I stamped the image in Versamark ink but this time on Tango Tangerine card stock. I trimmed around the flowers and adhered them with dimensionals. I used my two way glue pen to add a little glue to the center of the flower and added Dazzling Diamonds. Then I adhered the Very Vanilla to Pacific Point card stock leaving just a hint of the Pacific Point showing. Then I attached this to a folded piece of Tango Tangerine. I stamped the Swirl on the bottom of the card stock with Versamark. I stamped the "For You" sentiment from the Fresh Cuts set onto Very Vanilla with Basic Brown ink. I sponged Tango Tangerine ink then used the scalloped oval to punch it out and added Basic Brown to the edges of the scallops and then added dimensionals and put it on the card over the swirl. Let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment