Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I found a blog where the blogger would take cards made with other stamping products and make a similar card using Stampin'UP! products. I saw a card in flyer from Archivers where you make a card using cardstock, patterned paper, and rub-ons. I made a card using the same measurements as the Archiver's card but using Stampin' UP! cardstock and paper. The only non SU item is the words. These are Stampendous stickers that I got a while ago and hadn't figured out what to do with them. I decided to case both of them. On the green one I used the scallop edge punch with Pacific Point cardstock, then for my pattern papers I used a sheet from the Summer Picnic DSP and Kiwi Kiss for my card base. I used a "Thank You" sticker instead of rub-ons. For the orange card, I used Tango Tangerine, to creat the line of flowers, I used the Three Flower punch. I punched the flowers out in Pacific Point and then used a dot stamp to create the center of the flower using Kiwi Kiss ink. I used "Good Luck" and "All the Best" stickers instead of rub-ons. I tried to add some dimension by creating a dotted line border above and below the flowers....it didn't work but I still like the way both cards turned out. While I was writing this post, I had an epiphany and I made another card using the Tango Tangerine instead of punching out flowers and gluing them to the card I used the Three Flower punch to punch out a row of flowers and then I backed it with Very Vanilla cardstock. I used crystals for the center of the flowers. Unfortunately, the only ones that I had are way too big but I wanted to be able to show the possibilities. Thanks for looking.
Come and create something with me,