Thursday, April 23, 2009

Almost Friday Thursday



Greetings, stampers! Hope your week is going great! Today's project is a card using the set "That's Funny!" which is new to the Spring/Summer 2009 catty. I used the birthday cake with the candles. I used Real Red card stock, the Scallop edge punch, black gingham ribbon, Summer Picnic DSP, and the 1 1/4 square punch. I stamped the image in Black StazOn onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I colored the candles with the Bold Brights Stampin' Write markers. I used a clear glitter pen for the wicks and the cake plate. I colored the "frosting on the cake with Pink Passion and then used a blender pen to pull the color down. This technique actually works a lot better if your image is stamped on watercolor paper. I used the square punch to create a window in the front of the card. I adhered my colored image with Stampin' Dimensionals so that it shows threw the window. I used the Scalloped Edge punch to scallop the opening side of the card. Then I used my Crop-a-dile to punch holes on the fold of the card to run the black gingham ribbon through and then tied a bow. I added a stripe of Summer Picnic DSP along the edge of the scallop. The sentiment under the cake says,"a candle for every year might not be such a good idea....happy birthday!" Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment