Sunday, April 19, 2009

STAINED GLASS SUNDAY




Today's project is my mother's day card for my mom and I am safe posting it because my mom doesn't navigate the net. I found the directions for this technique on the SU demo website. I was looking for techniques for my May stamp club and thought this sounds like it would be fun and make some pretty cards. The results are amazing! I used the Morning Glory flower stamp from the Morning Soft set(#115036). I stamped the image in Versamark ink on clear vellum card stock and then embossed it with black emboss powder. I tried different colors of emboss powder and nothing made the image pop like the black. I then colored the leaves with Gable Green Stampin' Write Marker and then used Glorious Green Stampin' Write marker to high light. Then I colored the center of all the flowers with YoYo Yellow Stampin' Write marker. The center bloom is colored first with Cameo Coral and then highlighted with Rose Red..have you noticed that I have been using those color combos a lot lately, the top flower I colored first with Pink Passion marker and used the Real Red to high light. The small bloom to left of the center is colored with Lovely Lilac marker and high lighted with Orchid Opulence. What an awesome technique. The card base is, yes you guessed it Cameo Coral. I used the Oval template for the Coluzzle (that isn't available anymore =(. I used it to create a frame for the image with Rose Red card stock and then used the Oval template again to create a window in the card base. I went three ovals toward the center. I glued the Rose Red frame to the vellum with Sticky tape and then I glued it over the opening in the card base. I stamped the "i am turning into mother" greeting from Eight Great Greetings. I stamped the lucky me on the inside of the card. I used the new Scalloped oval punch from the Mini Occasions to punch it out and then used dimensionals to attach it to the top of the card. I think that it is GORGEOUS!! I could be a little biased and the best part is I know that my mom will love it. Happy a great Sunday and thanks for looking.

Come and create something with me,

Andi!

No comments:

Post a Comment