Friday, April 17, 2009

FRIDAY ORIGINALS






Today's projects are 3x3 cards well except the "Happy Future" card it is actually 3.5x3.5 I had to make that one a little bigger because of the way I made the used the corner punch that I still don't know the name of that I know is a retired punch. This will be the last project that I will use this on because I will have to return it to my niece. Okay starting at the top left. All the images are from the Eight Great Greetings set that is in the Mini Occasions catalog. All the designer paper is from the Walk in the Park which is also in the Mini catalog. The card base is Cameo Coral, I used the scallop edge punch on the side of the card that opens. I used the Scallop edge punch on the DSP as well. I stamped the "You're the icing on the cake!" with black StazOn. I colored the cake with the Cameo Coral and Rose Red Stampin' Write markers. I used Baja Breeze and a blender pen for the plate that the cake is on and put Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the flame of the candle. Next is the "for your shower" (this one I don't like as much) I used So Saffron for the card base, Walk in the Paper DSP. I used the Scallop Edge punch to create a medallion which I made from Kiwi Kiss. I stamped the image in Rose Red and used the new Scallop oval punch that is also in the Mini catalog. The ribbon on this one is So Saffron grosgrain ribbon that was the SAB ribbon bundle. The "Happy Future" card base is a dark grey to be absolutely honest, I am not 100% sure that is a SU card stock, I used a Baja Breeze pattern from the Walk in the Park paper. I cut a rectangle from Baja Breeze card stock and used the corner punch the makes the swirls, I used the same DSP and then I stamped the image on Baja Breeze card stock with like ink and punch it out with Scallop circle. I thought it needed something along the fold line to create some balance so I created a "cheater" bow with Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon. The card is the "thanks so much" I used Basic Grey for the card base and one of the Basic grey pattern from the Walk in the Park. I used the Curly label to punch out the center then I stamped the image with black StazOn on the Basic Grey and used the Curly label again. I put the image on the inside of the card with a dimensional and rounded the corners. I love making these 3x3 cards because you can make them really pretty quick and they would make the perfect card for a gift bag. Thanks for looking.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment