Sunday, April 12, 2009

SUNDAY SELEBRATION

















HAPPY EASTER!! I hope every one had a great day spent with family and friends. We had a nice quiet dinner here at home. Even with only three people, we had too much food. Means lots of left overs. Today's project is something that I have seen on Split coast and other blogs. I decided today that I would try one. I call it a three panel card. I don't know if I used too big of a stamp for my image or if I had too many layers but in order to make this card how I wanted it, it ended up being an 8 1/2 X 11 card. I took a full sheet of Baja Breeze and folded it in half. The image is the branch from the Thoughts and Prayers set. I colored the stems and leaves with Gable Green Stampin' Write marker. I colored the flowers with Cameo Coral and Rose Red stampin' write markers. I stamped it on very vanilla card stock. Then I cut this image into 3 parts...as equal as possible. The layered them onto Cameo Coral card stock and then on the new Walk in the Park DSP. I used the "kindness" stamp from the Heard from the Heart set. I used a jumbo Stampin' Wheel..."Whimsy" on the bottom under the panels with Baja Breeze. I used Crystal Effects to trace parts of the "Whimsy" and then used Dazzling Diamonds glitter to give it some sparkle. I stamped the greeting in Baja Breeze onto Cameo Coral card stock and used the Scalloped Edge punch and adhered the to card stock with dimensionals. I am not entirely sure I like on it turned out but it will probably grow on me. I think that next time I will use a small image and create much smaller panels. I do like how the glitter looks on the "Whimsy". I will use the Walk in the Paper again this week so you can see it better. This project doesn't showcase it very well. Thanks for looking.

Come and create something with me,

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment