Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Friday!






Good morning! As you can see I am still getting up to take my DH to work. And last night I got two projects done so I have one ready to post for today already. This project is a Tri-Fold Shutter card. It turned out really cute but figuring out the folds and everything was a little interesting. I used Basic Grey card stock. I started with a 12 x 12 piece. I cut it to 12 x 6. The directions I have for this card are in cm. So figuring out the measurements for the scoring and the pieces of designer paper were a challenge. I used the Walk in the Park DSP and the Garden Whimsy stamp set with Cameo Coral and Baja Breeze card stock and ink, oh and little bit of Kiwi Kiss ink.
Here are the directions for the card. Remember they are in cm, so it might be easier to convert and then make your card. I did mine at the same time, it worked okay but took a little bit longer. The finish product is sweet. It is not a standard size, so you would need a little bigger envelope than the standard SU medium envelope. The snail and lady bugs were stamped directly onto the designer paper. The butterflies and the sentiment we stamped on card stock and then cut out and popped up on the card. The big butterfly was inked with Baja Breeze and then I used my Cameo Coral Stampin' Write marked and thumped on the image to add some Cameo Coral and then stamped it on Cameo Coral card stock. It turned out lighter than I planned but I liked the way it looked so I left it. You will see more of these cards in the future, I really like the way the look and I have some ideas on how to change it up just a little bit. Thanks for looking and hopefully I will have my Split coast issue fixed soon. Have a great day!


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment