Wednesday, May 20, 2009

REVERSE SILHOUETTE



Today's project is something I found when I was surfing websites last night. This is my first try at this technique so I now know a few things I will do differently the next time I try this. The directions for the technique can be found here. I used the Independence Day stamp set. I used Real Red and Brilliant Blue classic ink along with the Silver Encore Pads. I attached my silhouette piece to a Basic Black card that is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I didn't added the swirls in Silver until I had attached the silhouette to card base. I used Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the star that is in the circle that says Independence Day. I rounded the corners of the card and then used the Silver to brush the rounded edges and sides of the black card. The technique is very cool. I did use a separate brayer for the black over lay. Plus I kind of got ink all over my hands but that is the cost I pay to provide many new ideas to loyal followers...hehehe...the main thing I will change when I do this again, is this. When I brayered my inital colors onto my white card stock. I used Real Red on one end and Brilliant Blue on the other. This left a small space of white card stock showing. When you wipe away the black ink....the part that was left white kind of looked greyish, black. So next time I will color the whole piece. I decided to use black card stock to make it resemble the sky. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!


Come and create something with me,
Andi

1 comment:

  1. I think this is beautiful! I would sure like to see it in real life! Brenda

    ReplyDelete