Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WEAVING WEDNESDAY




Hey fellow stampers! Today's project is almost entirely no stamping. The card stock is Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Raspberry Tart, and Walk in the Park DSP. The card base is Rose Red with the corners rounded. Cameo Coral is the longer panel also with the corners rounded. The Raspberry Tart DSP might be a little hard to notice. In this month's Stampin' Success (which the demonstrator magazine) there was an article on how to weave card stock and ribbon. So the second panel with the rounded corners is two designs from the Raspberry Tart weaved together. I also rounded the corners. I took my Scallop Circle punch and punched out three circles from Rose Red and I punched three circles using the smallest circle punch from Fiskars in Cameo Coral. I glued the circles to the center of the scallop circle. Then I cut each scallop so that it looks like a flower. I took my white gel pen and made dots on the Cameo Coral so that it looked like a flower center. I took the Scalloped Oval punch to make the leaves. I punched them out from the Walk in the Park DSP. Then I ran them through my crimper. I glued the flowers in a circle on the Cameo Coral and the weaved Raspberry Tart. I used my paper piercing on 3 of the 4 corners of the design to give it a little something more. I stamped 'for you' in Rose Red ink on the bottom of the Cameo Coral panel. I edged the flowers with Rose Red ink. This would make a nice thinking of you card or change the sentiment and it makes a very feminine birthday card. Thanks for looking. I will have the instructions on how to do the weaving, both kinds for you tomorrow! Thanks again!






Come and create something with me,


Andi

2 comments:

  1. I really like the leaves. I have a crimper and keep forgetting to use it.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog. Now that I have found it I will need to keep checking in. Keep making these great cards

    Pat

    ReplyDelete