Thursday, May 21, 2009

BLEACH-IT'S NOT JUST FOR CLOTHES




Good Morning! Normally, you will never see a post this early but my DH is having trouble with his vehicle and I had to take him to work. He is one of those happy morning people so he has to be to work at 6 AM. So now my goal is to stay awake so that I am not late for work. So onto the project.
I used the Fifth Avenue Floral set again. The card base is Baja Breeze. I stamped the background with one of the other flowers from this set and stamped them in Baja Breeze. The roses were stamped in VersaMark ink and emboss with clear powder on Pacific Point, Baja Breeze and Lovely Lilac. Then I took a small amount of regular household bleach and a cheap Aqua Painter(because once you use it with the bleach you won't be able to use for anything else) and added bleach to different parts of the Roses. Because Stampin'UP! card stock is made from recycled fibers each color has a different reaction with the bleach. The Baja Breeze rose that is on the bottom and you only see a little bit of it, I had a small problem and I am sharing to save someone else. I used my heat tool to set the bleach and I burned the bleach on the Baja Rose. The center turned brown and you can see a little bit of it. This is only one way to use the bleach technique. You can also stamp with the bleach. Fold a paper towel and added bleach to it and then use that like you would an ink. It is very important to clean the stamp right away when you are done. The bleach can eat the rubber of your stamp. Also if you use this technique, make sure you are in a well ventilated area because of the fumes from the bleach. And of course I used the sentiment from this stamp set. Thanks for looking. Have a fabulous day at whatever you are doing today. I'm going to make breakfast.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment