Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crazy Holiday Weekend




I hope everyone had a great weekend so far. I had so many plans and pretty was lazy but I figured I would do some crafting tonight and post things as I finished them. Today's project is using last week's Mojo Monday sketch. I had this idea in my head for a 4th of July card and how to make the stars red, white, and blue. This is what I came up with. The card base is Brilliant Blue. I used the Independence Day set again. One of the stamps has swirls and stars. I used that stamp and the Silver Encore pad to create the background on the Brilliant Blue. Then I stamped happy 4th on white card stock using Brilliant Blue ink. I used the 1 1/4 square punch and then I used the punch to trim it down a little more and punch out a square of Real Red card stock and put the sentiment on that . The two big stars were stamped on white card stock. I used my Stampin' Write markers in Real Red and Brilliant Blue to color the star stamp. Then on one I took the smaller star stamp that is in the set and made an impression of it in the ink and on the other star I used the swirl set. The smaller stars are easier to see than the swirls. Then I used the firecracker stamp and stamped four firecrackers using the Real Red and Brilliant Blue. Then I took my Jelly Roll clear Stardust glitter pen and traced the firecrackers to give it a little sparkle and I tried to make it look like the wicks were lit but I don't think that showed up very well in the picture. And I didn't follow the sketch exactly but I wanted to use the stars so I hope you like it and thanks for looking. For everyone that is off tomorrow enjoy the day and check back with me I will have more projects. Have a great Sunday.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

2 comments:

  1. I love that stamp set! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bright colors and the image fits well with theme. Great paper too..what a combo.….you do really nice work…don’t you just love Mondays..i love mojo mondays sketch. hey, I would love for you to check out the Tuesday Sketch Challenge at Midnight Madness. I would love for you to join us. It looks like you really like doing sketch cards. Stop by if you can at, you would fit right in!

    http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com

    Home of the "Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge" Where Handmade Cards Encounter a Vintage Flair
    with a touch of "Midnight Madness!
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete