Thursday, May 28, 2009

TENTED THURSDAY




Good Evening fellow stampers! Tonight's project is a vertical tent card made from my favorite 2009 In Color, Pacific Point. I will be so sad when this color retires at the end of June. So you might see a lot of the 2009 In Colors in the next couple of weeks. I used the Wow Flowers stamp set. The scalloped circle punch and one nail head sticker in gold. I used Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, and Basic Black ink. Pacific Point card stock, white card stock, and Pacific Point DSP. The directions for this card can be found here. On the same blog, there are directions for making a horizontal tent card which I will be making and posting at a later day. This card was very easy to make once I figured out which way everything folded. I used a piece of scrap paper and did a practice card first, that way I didn't waste any good card stock. On the white piece of card stock, which I cut to 2 x 2. I stamped the flower from the set. I stamped it twice in Pacific Point, then I stamped off with Pacific Point and stamped the flower two more times. I stamped "birthday wishes" in Pacific Point, then in Baja Breeze, and then again in Basic Black. I adhered the white card stock to a piece of Pacific Point that is slightly larger at 2 1/4 x 2 1/4. Then I attached that to the square at the top of my tent. I placed it so that more of the lower sides is showing, which shows one of the designs from the Pacific Point DSP. I adhered another pattern of the designer paper to the main part of the tent. I used my Scalloped Circle punch and cut out Pacific Point scallop circle. Then I used the Large Fiskars circle punch and punched out a circle from the same pattern that is on the bottom of the tent. I glued my circle into the center of the scallop. Then I stamped the "happy birthday" with small flower in Pacific Point ink on white card stock and popped that up in the center of the circles. I used a gold nail head sticker for the center of the flower. This card, once I had done my practice card, only took about 10 minutes to make. These might be my June and July thank you notes.

I wanted to take a minute to say thank to all the ladies from priscillastyles, Midnight Madness challenge who have left such wonderful comments about the card I did for this week's challenge and everyone else who has left comments on my work. I get all giddy when someone leaves a comment about how they like my card, or the colors or whatever. So I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the great feedback and keep coming back. Thanks for looking.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment