Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Two Days In a Row



Good Morning Stampers!  Today's project is one that I cased from an extremely talented demo, Andrea Walford.  Check out her blog.  I didn't do my exactly the way she did.  I don't have the Brushed Gold card stock and I used a different embossing folder for my white piece.  The "Merry Christmas"  is a non SU greeting that I borrowed from my sister because in all of my stamping supplies, I don't have a single stamp that just says "Merry Christmas"  I used the Sparkle and Shine (116542) jumbo wheel that is in the Holiday mini occasions catalog.  The embossing folder is the Petals-a-plenty (116824) also in the holiday mini.  I used Soft Suede in place of the Brushed Gold that Andrea used.  I took my "shimmer mist" and sprayed it to give it a little sparkle.  I also used the 1/4 grosgrain ribbon instead of the Satin Ribbon that Andrea used on hers.  I stamped the Merry Christmas in the gold encore and then covered it with gold embossing powder and cooked it to give it a little more definition.  I framed that with Real Red card stock and Scalloped the top and bottom with the Scalloped Edge.  But for the most part my card is to Andrea's measurements.  I think it turned out gorgeous, even with the changes that I had to make.  This might end being my Christmas card.  Thanks for stopping by today. 

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment