Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bermuda Bay Christmas

Hey Stampers!  I have been competing in a contest with my demos only group.  The contest is to post something every day.  We started last Saturday and I have posted a new project for the contest and then have been posting it the next day on here.  So this is like a bonus post because I technically have already posted today.  But what the heck it is Christmas.  This project I also submitted for a challenge in my group.  The challenge was to make a Christmas card and use non-traditional colors.  The card I shared with you yesterday used non-traditional colors as well.  The tree image and the sentiment are from the Snow Swirled set. (Have I mentioned how much trouble I will be in if this set gets retired.).  I used Bermuda Bay card stock and ink along with Rich Razzleberry card stock and ink.  The accessories I used were the Scallop Edge punch and the Scalloped Oval.  The ribbon I used is actually retired and I think the color is Taken with Teal or Tempting Turquoise but when I put it against the Bermuda Bay I was happy to see how well it matched with the ink color and card stock.  My card base is your standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  I cut the Rich Razzleberry so that just the tiniest bit shows between the layers of Bermuda Bay.  I wanted just a little extra pop of color.  I stamped the tree image three times and got my layered look by masking the center tree and then stamping the outer trees.  I stamped the trees on whisper white and adhered it to a piece of Bermuda Bay.  On the right side of that layer I used the Scallop Edge punch so that just a little more of the Razzleberry shows.  I attached the ribbon to close to the bottom of the trees.  Then I stamped my greeting in Rich Razzleberry onto the Bermuda Bay card stock and punched it out with the Scalloped oval punch.  Then I used dimensionals to attach my oval to the ribbon.  I did stamp the other sentiment from the Snow Swirled set on the inside of the card in Rich Razzleberry but I couldn't get a clear picture of it.  Maybe Santa will bring me a new camera for Christmas.  Okay so I hope you enjoy this project and thanks for stopping by. 

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment