Monday, December 21, 2009

Rich Money Card holder

Hey Stampers!  Today's project was inspired by a project that Dawn Griffith posted on her blog. She made a gift card holder.  I wanted to make a money envelope so I tweaked the measurements to make a money envelope.  I did it in non-traditional colors.  I used Rich Razzleberry as the base.  All the stamped images came from the Delightful Decorations stamp set.  I made the belly band from Bermuda Bay card stock.  I was very happy with the combination.  What I did to make the envelope was ruin about four pieces of plain white card stock before I got a workable template which was accidentally thrown away I think.  So this is my template now.  Any way,  the finished size of the holder is 6 1/2 long by 3 2/16 wide.  I cut the Razzleberry card stock to 7" wide.  I scored 1/2" on both sides.  The card is 8 1/2" long.  I scored it at 2 9/16 and again at 5 13/16.  I cut the score lines off so that all the was left on the card stock was the score lines on the middle section.  I used the ornament punch to create the opening in the holder.  I used the snowflake from the Delightful Decorations to create my own pattern on the paper.  I stamped the Joy and To/From ornaments and use the ornament punch to punch them out.  It adhered them together and added them to the top of the belly band.  Once I adhered the flaps together, I wrapped the belly band around the envelope and glued it shut.  I did it this because it creates a snugger fit.  I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by. 


Come and create something with me,



Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment