Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pop Out Card





 This card was actually made with the help of the Ultimate Crafter's Companion but I decided to give directions on how to do it without having that tool. I did post this same card style back in July when I first got the UCC but this has a Christmas theme and I am including more directions. Please bare with me this is the first step by step tutorial I have done. What you will need is the following:  Two pieces of card stock but to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.  One piece is for the outside of the card and once piece is for the inside.  For my inside piece I chose to use designer series paper.  You still cut it the same but I wanted to let you know that DSP is an option as well.  To help with confusion, I will refer to the pieces as the outside piece and the inside piece.  First take your outside piece and on the 8 1/2" side score it at 4 1/4.  Fold your score lines and then decorate the front of the card.  This is an important step to do first because once you get the inside piece in the front won't be smooth and level because you stuff on the inside.  I used the Snow Swirled snowflakes and greeting which I stamped in Soft Suede.  I punched out two ornaments on the Christmas Cocoa DSP and stamped the "merry Christmas" from the Delightful Decorations set.  I used dimensionals  to attach mine so I did those last to keep from damaging them when attaching the inside.  Okay so set aside the outside piece.  Take the piece that you are using for the inside and what I did to make it easy is this.  On the 8 1/2" side, I scored it at 4 1/4 and then I laid the card stock flat with the opening to the right.  I took the 'front' and folded it back to the score line and used my bone folder to make the score lines crisper and then the did the same thing to 'back' of the card.  Now I put the card down so that the 4 1/4 score line was to the right.  I put the oval coluzzle template so that it was fold side was centered on the coluzzle (pic. 2)  Depending on big you want your opening is which oval to use.  I went 3 lines in and cut with the blade, now if you use a lot of pressure you can probably cut through both pieces of card stock but you might have to turn it over and make the ends and cut the other side.  Once you get both sides cut through, use your scissors to cut the oval out. This is was what is should look like after you cut out the oval (pic 3).  You will need to attach the inside piece to the outside piece, one side at a time.  Put down your adhesive on the left inside flap of the outside piece (pic 5), take one side of the inside piece and line it with the outside piece.  Once you have that side secure(pic 6) do the same thing to the other side.  You will see on the Christmas card that I made that I put two ornaments inside and they are hooked the top part of the pop out(pic 11 & 12).  You can make them dangle with ribbon, string, etc.  I used the small paper clip because I didn't have any coordinating ribbon.  Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by. 

Come and create something with me,


Andi






1







2







3








4







5







6







7








8







9








10








11








12

No comments:

Post a Comment