Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sparkle and Shine




Hey Stampers!  Today's project is one that uses the Sparkle & Shine(116542) wheel from the Holiday Mini Occasions catalog.   I have seen several blogs where the artist(cause really that is what we are) has taken the rubber from the wheel and used a clear block as an alternative way to stamp the image.  i love the wheels but I don't use them a lot because I don't always like the way the image stamps.  So I decided to take the plunge with this wheel figuring at the worst I would hate and figure out a way to put it back on the plastic of the wheel and at the best like the way it works.  So this is what my "stamp" looks like (top left).  I like the way it stamps this way better but I do need to get a longer acrylic block.  I have discovered since trying this that you really can't put back on the plastic wheel and I am not going to do this with all my wheels but I really liked the image on this one and that is why I tried it with this.  Ok, onto the project.  I started with 8 1/2 x 11 piece of Night of Navy card stock which I cut at 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2 side.  I scored my card stock at 5 1/2 on the 11" side.  I folded the score line and then I took my Scallop Edge punch and used it on both the top and bottom edges of the card. Then I took my stamp and inked it with Silver Encore ink and then sprinkled that with some special embossing powder that I have that gives it a 'tinsel' look.  Then I took my Basic Grey taffeta ribbon and added that to the card under the image and added a bow.  On the inside I stamped "welcome Christmas into your heart"  from the Heard from the Heart set that is the Fall/Winter catalog.  This is really a clean and simple card but is a little more labor intensive because of the embossing that needs to be done but other wise it is very simple.  I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.  The pictures got a little out of order sorry about that.



Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment