Sunday, December 13, 2009

2010 Desk Calendar


hey stampers!  This project is my version of 2010 Desk Calendar. 
This is just my first draft and I already ideas on how I will change it when I do the next one.  The calendar template came from our local newspaper and you can find it as this site www.omaha.com\living.  The paper originally did this desk calendar using an empty CD case.  But I used a different concept.  The white card stock is from my designer series paper packet.  The back piece in every designer series paper is heavy card stock similar to poster board so I just used that cut in 4x4 squares.  On most of the months, I used designer pattern paper, unfortunately most of it is retired but I am getting good use out of it.  On January, I used a 3.5 x 3.5 piece of Night of Navy that I stamped with Silver Encore ink and used the snowflakes from the Snow Swirled set.  I punch 3 holes on left side of the 4 x 4 base with my Crop-a-dile and tied Basic Grey taffeta ribbon in one.  I also stamped some snowflakes on the white.  On February, I used Candy Lane DSP and used my Heart to Heart punch an d added 3 hearts to the top left and bottom right corners.  I used Real Red grosgrain ribbon on the side.  On March,  I used some pattern paper that was a level 1 hostess gift.  It is Old Olive pattern paper.  I made the Shamrock by punching a Scallop circle and cutting 4 hearts from the scallop with this month I moved the ribbon to the right side and used different retired ribbon that I got from an SU demo blow out sale.  The green crystal is the only non SU product.  On April,  I used the designer paper from last year's Sale-a-bration, Delicate Dots and some of the So Saffron ribbon bundle from that same promotion.  The bunny is from the Eight Great Greetings and I just colored her dress and eggs and popped up with dimensionals.  On the month of May,  I used the Walk in the Park paper.  The ribbon is from the blow out sale and Saleabration.  The flower 'pot' is the ornament punch.  I punched it in textured Old Olive card stock and then cut the bottom off.  The flowers are punched with the Three Flowers punch on the So Saffron pattern of the 6x6 hostess pad that I have left over.  I took my Yo-Yo Yellow marker and made a dot in the center of the flowers to give some depth.  With June,  I used a Simply Scraping kit that I have some left overs from .  I moved the ribbon back to the left and used one big gold brad that I had on hand.  July is Brilliant Blue card stock with Stars wheeled across the bottom in Versamark.  Then I punched 2 stars with the Large star punch with Real Red textured card stock and glued them on.  I used 3 crystals that aren't SU products.  I put a red one over the 4th of July and then two white crystals on random stars.  I used two pieces of Real Red grosgrain ribbon on left side.  On August, I used the leftovers from the Simply Scrappin' kit.  September is more leftovers from the same kit.  On October, I used last season's Halloween designer paper.  I used black grosgrain ribbon and some Basic Grey ribbon.  The pumpkin stacks are from the Loads of Love accessories set.  November is the only month that I didn't put ribbon on the edge.  That is mainly because I don't have a lot of SU fall color ribbon.  So I used one piece of the Chocolate chip satin ribbon and the designer paper is from last year's holiday mine Autumn Vines.  I stamped 'happy harvest' and the pumpkins again from the loads of love accessories set.  And finally, December I took the coluzzle and cut a 3" circle and used the round tab punch to make it look like an ornament.  I stamped the present stack from the Loads of Love again.  I used Real Red grosgrain ribbon and some non SU ribbon that I had on hand.  So I realize for me this was a very 'windy' post but I love the idea of these calendars so I will be making more.  Thanks for stopping by and have a relaxing Sunday.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

1 comment: