Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Floral Birthday



Good morning stampers! First I have to share with the blogging world that I am going to be an AUNT again. My niece called last night and told us....too exciting....baby cards could become a focus in April 2010. Anyway onto today's project. This card uses the new IN Colors and a couple different techniques. For the flowers, I stamped them in VersaMark and then used clear embossing powder and set that with my heat tool. I took my Jelly Roll glitter pen and added some sparkle. On the rose, I used it to trace around the petals and on the lilies I did the same thing and also used it to color in the flower center. The rose is done in Mambo Melon while the tow Lilies are done in Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango. I added stems and leaves. The stem comes in the Fifth Ave Floral, the leaves are from God's Beauty which was a hostess set from the last catalog. The white piece is framed with Bermuda Bay and then is adhered to Mambo Melon.
And at first I thought I was done with the card. But when I was getting ready to take pictures for this post I decided the it was too white. So I took my sponge and went around the flowers with all the new In Colors except Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay. This card is for one of my sister's co-workers so I stamped 'happy birthday' on the inside and it is good to go. What do you think? Thanks for stopping by and have a great Tuesday.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment