Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Altered file folder notebook


Hey stampers!  Happy Wednesday almost Thursday!  Today's project uses a regular letter size file folder and the small legal pad. I used some letters that come with the Cuddle bug and put "notes" on the first one and "To Do" on the second one.  On the "To Do"  notebook.  I let the top be shorter than the bottom and was able to create a "flap".  I used extra large brads and twine to make a closure similar to what is on an inter office envelope.  I basically fitted my legal pad to my file folder and then decorated the file folder with supplies that I had on hand.  The "Notes" was decorated with retired Stampin' UP! designer paper, Raspberry Tart, nail head stickers that look like brads, and a textured pink ribbon to make a bow.  I used my Scallop Edge punch to make decorative edges.  On the "To Do" book,  I used some paper that I had gotten free at a local craft store.  This book was made when it was below zero in Nebraska and I was really wishing for Spring/Summer and flowers.  This paper has a shimmer to it, which I liked.  I did not cover the back of the file folder just the front.  The drawback to these notebooks, is the fact that once you are out of paper, it has lost its usefulness, so I am going to noodle the logistics of that to try and figure out a way to make them refillable and how to add a spot to hold a pen.    I am currently working on some projects using the file folders so look for more altered file folders.  So thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed this project. 


Come and create something with me,

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment