Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fun Fold Friday




Thank goodness it is finally Friday.  Today's project is a case from another SU demo, Barb.  She has come really great stuff and I made this card after watching her video on this card.  Visit her blog.  I used the same measurements that Barb gives which is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  I cut two pieces of card stock to these measurements.  Then I scored both ends of both pieces were scored at 4 1/2 & 5.  What I did differently is I don't have the square punch she uses or the window sheets so my window doesn't have the window sheet behind it but I still like how it turned out.  I used the 1 1/4 in square punch.  I lined it the way Barb tells you to in her video but when you have punch all 4 squares you have a thin 'bar' left.  I simply took my scissors and snipped that out.  On the first card I used the Love You Much stamp set.  I stamped the Love You Much in Pink Pirouette ink.  I used a jeweled brad in the center of the flower.  I stamped the flower and butterfly from the retired Happy Heart Day in Real Red.  This was all done on the inside piece which is a piece of white card stock.  My window piece is from Real Red with the heart trio stamped all over it in Real Red ink.  I punched a piece of Candy Lane DSP with the Scallop Circle punch.  I stamped the Hugs & Kisses onto white card stock twice.  I cut the circle out and then on the second image I cut the heart out.  I used a glitter pen that I have to trace the heart and dots and then covered the heart with Crystal effects.  As Barb says in her video, this card can be made flat so that it can be mailed.  I have one other sample using this technique but I used Pink Pirouette for the back and the Red foil paper.  I used the Just Buzzing By set.  I stamped the hive in Melon Mambo ink and each bee is stamped on the inside.  I used Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, and Pink Passion.  On the front of the card, I attached the honey pot which is colored with Real Red Stampin' Write marker and the 'honey' is colored with a red glitter pen.  I stamped the "have a honey of day" on pink pirouette using Melon Mambo ink.  Then I cut the ends to kind of look like a banner and attached it to the top of the card.  I hope you enjoyed these cards and thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me.  Have a great weekend and I will see you again on Monday. 


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment