Friday, February 12, 2010

Masculine Birthdcard.





Hey stampers!  Today's project is card that would be perfect for a masculine birthday card.  My card base is Soft Suede card stock.  I used glossy white card stock for the images and it is trimmed in Crushed Curry.  The tree image is from the set Lovely As a Tree. 

To create the color scheme on the glossy card stock, you will need re-inkers and baby wipes, rubber gloves if you don't like to get inky.  I used Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, and Kiwi Kiss (retired).  Bunch up the baby and place a line of each color on the wipe.  I did the Curry, then Kiwi, and the Suede last.  Once you have inked your wipe, move it across the glossy card stock to create your background.  I let my glossy card stock dry over night before I did anything else to it.  Then I stamped the trees in Timber Brown Staz On ink.  I took my Crushed Curry and Soft Suede ink pad and inked the edges of the card stock and then did direct to paper with each color.  I trimmed the glossy card stock with Crushed Curry and adhered it to Soft Suede.  I stamped the "happy birthday"  in the StazOn as well.  I used 6 gold nail head stickers, three in the top left and three in the bottom right under the sentiment.  The best thing about this technique is you can make different designs and backgrounds.

I really like the way it turned out and I hope you enjoy it as well.  Thanks for stopping by today and have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Come and create something with me,


Andi


Supply List:  Lovely As a Tree #115026-Glossy white card stock #102599-Crushed Curry card stock #115319-Soft Suede card stock #115318, Crushed Curry re-inker #115665 and Soft Suede re-inker #115663.

No comments:

Post a Comment