Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bring on the trees

Hey stampers!  Today's project is a more masculine card using some of the In Colors and the Lovely As a Tree set.  I used Dusty Durango as the card base and stamped the leaves from the set to create a little background.  I stamped the the pine tree image from the set in Timber Brown Staz On.  I stamped the image three times and then stamped off and stamped the image again to create a "forest" appearance.  I stamped these onto Crushed Curry card stock.  I edged the card stock with Crushed Curry ink and framed it with Soft Suede card stock.  Then I adhered the piece to the Dusty Durango.  The tab is half of the rounded tab punch.  I used Dusty Durango again and stamped Happy Birthday with the Timber brown again and put that up in the left corner.  The inside says.."May your day be the wish come true kind" from Very Versatile from a previous mini catalog. 

On this particular card, I used the same colors and stamps but I just changed it up.  On this card, my base is the Soft Suede, I still stamped on the Crushed Curry but framed it with the Dusty Durango.  The sentiment is on the outside with the "Happy Birthday" on the inside.  I did more stamping off with the trees and edged the Crushed Curry with the Soft Suede ink.  I love both of these cards and hope you enjoy them too.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Come and create something with me,

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment