Sunday, February 14, 2010

I am tired of Snow...dreaming of Spring




Happy Valentine's Day stampers!  Today's project is spring in a card.  Just looking at the card makes me really want to see flowers and spring time.  I live in Nebraska and we have had the worst snow winter in a long time.  I have lived here since 2001 and can't remember ever having this much snow and it being so cold.  Anyway,  last night, I built a fire and decided to practice my water coloring and this is what I came up with.
I stamped the roses with black Staz On onto to white water color paper then I took my Prismacolor water color pencils  and traced around the edges of each rose.  Once I felt I had enough color down on each rose, I took a blender pen and worked the color from the edges towards the next line of the rose.  After all my roses were colored, I took my dark green pencil and added color between each rose and then blended the green to give the look of a "garden".  I used the rose image from the Fifth Avenue Floral set and I stamped the sentiment from the same set in Melon Mambo ink onto pink pirouette card stock.  I framed it with Basic Grey card stock.  I framed my water color piece with a shimmery silver that I had in my scraps box and then mounted the whole thing onto a Basic Grey base.  The card size is larger than normal but I couldn't bring myself to trim any of the roses down so the card is about 6 1/2 inches wide and about 6 inches tall.  I will use this as a card for way to chase your dreams kind of card or maybe I will keep it to give me a boost of Spring until the snow goes away.  I hope you like and thanks for stopping by today. 


Come and create something with me,
                                                    

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment