Saturday, February 27, 2010


Hey stampers!  Tonight's project is a card that I made with my goddaughter's girl scout troop.  Riley, my goddaughter, and her Daisy troop wanted to earn a badge and do something nice for their leader.  The regular leader had hip replacement surgery and the girls made get well cards for her.  My best friend is the current leader until the end of the month so she called me and asked if I could come and do a project with the girls.  How could I say no.  Basically, this is a spin off of the flower pot card.  But I was a afraid that would be too much for the little ladies so I made this up instead.  The base is Certainly Celery with corners rounded.  I used the same measurements for my pot as you do for the traditional card.  Once I had it cut out, I put adhesive on the edges of the pot and attached it to the Certainly Celery.  The pot is made from some textured brown card stock that I had on hand.  The ribbon is something I got at my local craft store.  I used the Scalloped circle and 1 3/8 circle to make the 'daisy', the other flowers are different flower punches that my sister has. I glued three flowers to the pot and two to the top of the insert.  I stamped 'get well soon' on it.  Several of the girls wanted to write personal messages on the card and choose not to stamp but they all loved it.  I also drew smiley faces on some of the centers of the flowers to give it a little more whimsy.  It turned out great and the girls had a great time.  So you could be seeing more projects from the Daisy's.  Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment