Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's Friday (well in my world it is)

Good Morning stampers!  No, don't check the clock, we have not entered an alternate universe.  I really am posting this early.  Today's project is something that I saw on Jan Tink's blog.   But I don't have the movers and shapers die cut for the Big Shot...but I wanted to make the votive holder.  So using Jan's measurements for the card stock, I started with a piece of card stock that is 4 1/4 x 11.  I scored my card stock starting from the left, a 1/2 then from that score line, I scored at 2 1/2, 5, 7 1/2, and 10.  Then I took the Scallop Edge punch and used it on the top.  Then I folded my score lines and took the 1 3/8 circle and punched a circle in each panel of my card stock.  Then I took four 2 in pieces of vellum that I had on hand and covered the circles from what will be the "inside" of the holder.  Then stamped images from Autumn Harvest and cut them out and decorated around the "windows".  This was my first attempt and I think that it turned out pretty good.  I found the battery operated tealights at my local Dollar Tree. I apologize for the pictures they aren't very focused but hopefully you can see what I did.  Thanks for stopping by today and in case I don't get a chance to post until after the holiday.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Come and create something with me,


Andi



No comments:

Post a Comment