Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th

Happy Friday the 13th.  I hope every made it without anything bad happening.  Tonight's project is one that I cased the basic idea and added a little flair from me.  This is the Pinwheel technique and I learned it from this fabulous lady, Barb.  My card uses supplies I have used in my previous Christmas card posts so there will not be a supply list tonight.  The link I provided to Barb's blog actually opens to the page where she has a video on how to do this card.  It is super easy. I used Soft Suede for the card base.  Real Red and I ran it through the Big Shot with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder (love this).  I took my Gold Encore ink pad and rubbed it over the Real Red to give it the gold shimmery look that you can sort of see in the photo.  The designer paper in my pinwheel is from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper that is in the current mini catalog (which is valid until 1/4/09, shameless plug).  I used Real Red 1/4 grosgrain ribbon at the bottom of the embossed piece.  I used my Scalloped oval and stamped "be merry" from the Warm Words set.  The gold brad that I used in the center of my pinwheel is the only non-SU item that I used.  I love this layout and the whole look.  So thanks for stopping in to see what I had going on tonight.  So what did you think?  Leave me a note.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment