Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Two for One




Hey stampers! Tonight's project is a twofer.  I wanted to make an ornament but still wanted to have a card.  So I started with a Soft Suede card base.  I stamped the two biggest snowflakes from the Snow Swirled set in the Gold Encore ink.  The ornament is made from the striped pieces from the Christmas Cocoa designer series paper.  I used some inexpensive card board coasters that I picked up in the $1 bin at my local craft store.  I covered the coaster with the striped paper.  Then I stamped the smallest snowflake from the Snow Swirled with the Gold Encore ink.  I stamped the sentiment from the Heard from the Heart set in Real Red ink onto Soft Suede card stock.  I used the scalloped edge punch on that piece.  I attached a piece 1/4 in Real Red grosgrain ribbon to the middle of the ornament and adhered the piece of Soft Suede to the edge of the ribbon.  You can't see it in the photo but I attached a Real Red ribbon hanger with a bow to the top of the ornament.  To attach it to the card, I used my Crop-a-dile.  I used the biggest hole punch and made the hole through both parts of the card base.  I threaded the 'hanger' through the hole so that the ornament stays on the card but the person receiving it would be able to tell that it comes off of the base.  I didn't take a photo of it but the inside I stamped the "Seasons Greetings" from the Snow Swirled set.  I hope you like it.  Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

Supply List


Christmas Cocoa Designer Paper 116770
1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon 109034
Snow Swirled Stamp Set 111690
Gold Encore Ink pad 101017
Soft Suede 8 1/2 x 11 card stock 115318
Real Red Classic Ink 103133
Scallop Edge punch 112091
Heard from the Heart stamp set 111644

No comments:

Post a Comment