Saturday, October 17, 2009

13 Days of Halloween---Day One


Today's card uses a retired Stampin' UP! set but one that I love.  It is called Tableau of Terror.  I love these guys.  When I got it last year, I tried many mediums for coloring it and didn't really like how it looked and then this year for some reason I a brain surge and heat embossed the design and I love it!  My sister and I made several different Halloween cards for a fund raiser for her work.  My sister is a nurse and her group deals mainly with psychiatric issues.  So the ladies that she works with decided to have a bake sale to raise money so that if they have children in their units over the Christmas holidays they can provide them with gifts.  My sister didn't want to bake anything so I suggested that we make cards.  I donated my supplies and time in exchange each card had my business card with it so I am getting my name out there.  Any way, ALL the cards that we made sold and we received 2 special orders so far.  They are having another fundraiser in December so we will be making more cards for that.   So this card uses the Tableau of Terror.  It is heat embossed with black embossing powder onto Elegant Eggplant card stock and I also embossed the greeting "Have a Spooktacular Halloween" on the side.  The ribbon was something my sister had in her stash.  It is a shimmery yellow and love the way it looks with the Eggplant.  The bats were made with the Martha Stewart bat punch.  Unfortunately,  the flash created a glare on the picture and this is the only one that I have but you can see the majority of the image.  The bats are punched out of high gloss black paper that my sister had on hand.  You might get sick of Halloween cards but I will post a new one from our fund raiser creations.  Let me know what you think of them.  Have a great weekend.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment