Wednesday, October 21, 2009

13 Days of Halloween---Day Five






Hey Stampers!  Tonight's project is a card that I was just playing around with.  The embossing folder is a Sizziz folder that depicts a "spooky" night.  I ran a piece of black card stock through the die cutting machine that cannot be named but next week it will be a BIG SHOT!  I placed my order today for it.  I am very excited about that....but I digress.  Once I trimmed my black card stock down to fit on the front of the 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 Old Olive textured card stock.  I took my Encore Silver ink pad and ran that over the night scene to make it stand out.  Once I had a nice amount of ink on the card stock, I took a rag and smoothed out the ink and took up the excess.  I absolutely love the way this makes the embossing look.  I actually borrowed this idea from my friend Brenda that had used her silver ink to do the same thing on a smaller piece that she had embossed.  The line of bats at the top were punched out with a non SU punch on some black glitter paper that my sister had.  On the inside I stamped "have a spooktacular Halloween" with black StazOn.  The bats stamped inside were stamped with a stamp I borrowed from my sister and we couldn't decide if it was from a Stampin' UP! set or not.  So I am going to say that it is not just to be safe.  I might make more of these cards to send out.  I really love the way it turned out.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment