Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sneak Peek

Hey stampers!  As you can tell by your calendar, it is almost time for a new Stampin' UP! catalog.  So I have I have a little sneak peek.  Tonight's project uses the Awash with Flowers (which will be available tomorrow), a level 3 Hostess set from the new catalog called Occasional Quotes.  I did a technique called "emerging color".  This is the first time I have attempted this and for my first time I think it turned out pretty good.  I used Certainly Celery card stock measuring 5x5, a 1x5 strip of Melon Mambo, and white card stock.  For ink I used Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, and Soft Suede.  For this technique, you take a piece of white card stock and stamp your images in a darker color. ( I used Rich Razzleberry.) Randomly stamp your images all of the piece of card stock including stamp off the side a little bit.  Once you have that how you want, you will need to create a "mask"  I used a piece of scrap paper and cut out about a 4" circle.  I laid my mask over my stamped images, while holding the mask down, I covered the image that was still showing with Versa Mark ink.  Once I had good coverage, I took away the mask and added clear embossing powder to the versa mark.  I used my heat tool to set the powder.  Then I took my Speedball brayer and applied a layer of Melon Mambo ink.  Once I had the color saturation I wanted, I took a paper towel and wiped the color off of my embossed image.  This creates the "emerging" color.  Once this piece is done, I folded my Certainly Celery card stock and then added the strip of Melon Mambo.  I added my main image and then made my little flag that says "Birthday Wishes".  I rounded the bottom corners of the card base.  On the inside, I stamped "one day isn't enough to celebrate someone as WONDERFUL as you...let's party all week!".  This technique takes a few extra minutes but it is worth it.  Let me know what you think and I would love to see samples of your own work.  Thanks for stopping by tonight.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

1 comment: