Monday, June 7, 2010

New Technique



Hey stampers!  I found this technique in a book of my mom's called "ghosting".  I am sure that I have seen it other places before but this time it grabbed my attention and I wanted to try it.  I used the tree line from Lovely As a Tree set.  You stamp your image on a little card stock and emboss it.  You a darker color ink and sponge around your image.  Then put a piece of scrap paper over the image and iron it.  Yes, I said iron.  You use your household iron to take the embossing paper on to the scrap paper.  Then I did a different style of card, the card base is standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  I folded the front of the card back to the fold line.  I stamped the leaf image on the card flap with Versamark.  I framed the "ghosted" image with basic black card stock.  I used the scallop border punch along the bottom of the image and attached it to the folded flap with dimensionals.  I tried to center it as much as possible. (see photos below) Then I used "On Your Birthday"  and stamped in the lower right corner with Timber Brown StazOn.  Under the image, I stamped "let's celebrate" and "happy birthday".  This would make a really nice card for a male coworker or any other important man in your life.  I will probably be playing with this a lot.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment