Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wedding Cake creation

Hey Stampers!  Couple of new things for you today.  A new card with an end product that I love and a new background on the blog.  I like this new layout alot so I hope you do too.  Now onto the card.  This card is for a friend of mine that is getting married next Saturday and I am not worried she will see it because she is way too busy doing last minute wedding stuff.  Her main color is watermelon so I have been using Melon Mambo on the stuff that I have made for her.  I made her a card box but I don't have pictures of the completed project yet because I forgot to take them before I gave it to her.  So I will get some at the wedding of it so I can post it.   This card inspiration came from a book that I borrowed from my mom (yes, my mom has everything).  But the design is all original.  I used Glossy white card stock, Melon Mambo card stock and ink, the Heart to Heart punch, the corner rounder, some retired old olive ribbon, a non SU stamp set for the sentiments, and Sakura Glaze pens.  The first thing I did was take the Elegant Bouquet textured folder and ran it through the Big Shot onto Glossy White card stock.  I did this on 4 cut pieces but was able to get the cake layers out of just one.  The bottom layer measures 2 1/2" wide and 1 1/2 tall.  The middle layer is 2x1 and the top is 1 1/2 x 3/4.  I cut the layers after I had already added the embossed image(I told everyone I did that first...lol).  Then I took my corner round and round only the top corners of each layer, then I arranged the layers on the Melon Mambo card base.  Because I am bad at 'centering' projects, I didn't cut the Melon Mambo piece until I had the cake attached and then I measured how far the cake was from the left side of the card and cut the right side to match.  I attached the layers with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Once I got it on the base, I thought, I need a topper....doesn't every wedding cake.  So I stamped a couple images and didn't like it so then I got the bright idea to use the Heart to Heart punch.  I cut out two sets of hearts on the left over embossed image.  I used the both wide hearts for the topper and attached those with dimensionals as well.  And then I noticed a tiny little space that I didn't like, so I punched a Melon Mambo set of hearts and used the smallest one to cover the space.  That is adhered with Snail adhesive.  Then I stamped the sentiment from that non SU set, "love always" with the heart on the end in Melon Mambo ink in the top right corner...of course I didn't push hard enough and the sentiment wasn't crisp so I decide to use my glaze pens.  This is something that Stampin' UP! should sell because it is a great way to give a "faux" embossed feel.  Then I decided that it needed something more...and you can never go wrong with ribbon...right...of course not.  So I found this textured Old Olive ribbon in my stash and viola.  It gives a little pop of green and dresses the card up.  On the inside, I stamped 'congratulations' using the same stamp set, Melon Mambo ink. 

1 comment: