Monday, July 5, 2010

A little late but worth the post

Hey stampers!  I meant to get this card posted before the new catalog went live on the 1st but sometimes even with the best of intentions things get away from you.  I used Cameo Coral as the card base, Certainly Celery as the frame and white card stock for the image.  I used the Fresh Cuts stamp set.  On the Certainly Celery, I used the branch image and stamped that in Versamark ink.  I stamped my main image on the white card stock with brown Staz on.  The "for you" was also stamped in brown Staz-on and is punched out on 1/2 of the Curly label punch.  What I did to the main image that I hadn't even ever thought about doing until I was looking through some of my old Stampin' Success magazines (this is a magazine that we get from SU) and someone won the monthly card contest that Stampin' UP! does for the demos.  What this demo did was color the flowers in the lower right of the image.  I used Cameo Coral and Green Galore Stampin' Write markers.  These colors are both retired now.  The ribbon is 5/8" satin in Chocolate chip, the ribbon is available again in this style but not in this color.  I decided to still post this card because I am sure there are plenty of people who have old stuff and still want ideas on what to do with it and I loved the idea of coloring on this image.  So thanks for stopping by and have a great week! 

Come and create something with me,



Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment