Friday, August 28, 2009

Something Different

Hey Fellow Stampers!  I decided to post something different tonight.  Mainly because my best friend asked me to make some thank you notes for her.  If you follow my blog, you know that my best friend is studying to be a pharmacist.  She just started her first year of Pharmacy school.  The college does a "white coat ceremony" for all entering first year students.  Alumni from the College of Pharmacy contribute to make it possible for the incoming students to get the coats.  So she wants thank you notes for her two sponsors.  I told her of course I would whip something up for her.  I made one that is a little more masculine and one with brighter colors that would be appropriate to give to a female.  The first card I made uses a stamp from the Eight Great Greetings set (#113822).  The card base is Soft Suede (#115318) and I used a new technique that I found from a fellow Stampin' UP demo, Lee.  The white piece of card  stock is 4 x 5 1/4 and was sent through my crimper (#101618) to create the wavy look.  The center diamond is also white card stock that is rubbed with Crushed Curry ink (#115659).  The sentiment is stamped in Soft Suede ink (#115657).  To create the color splash around the crimped edges I first stamped the image with Crushed Curry ink and then went over it a second time using Soft Suede ink.  I think this adds some character to the edges.  Here is a photo of the first card:



Okay the second and third cards also use the new In Colors.  But I used the Fresh Cuts (#111634) set.  The first card uses Melon Mambo card stock (#115320) for the base, white card stock, and the images is stamped in Melon Mambo ink (#115656), and finally I used Basic Grey Taffeta ribbon (#109064).  The design for the image on this one was cased from this talented lady, Raquel.  Here is a photo of card #2.



Finally, card #3 uses Bermuda Bay card stock (#115317) and ink (#115655), again I used Basic Grey Taffeta ribbon (#109064).  I used the same two stamps on this one but I set the card layout up differently.  Here is the photo for card #3:



Let me know what you think.  Thanks for looking.  I will be back to Dustin Pike projects tomorrow and more Halloween cards.  Thanks for sticking with me on the long winded post.

Come and create something with me,

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment