Saturday, August 22, 2009

MOJO FOUND




















I was just about getting ready to post a reward for my mojo but I have found it. I am taking a break from re-arranging my craft area to do a post. Tonight's post is a card that I made for my sister to give to her coworker who lost a parent recently. I used Crushed Curry card stock and Soft Suede card stock along with a piece of glossy card stock. The set I used is Thoughts and Prayers. I took the tree image and inked with Versa Mark ink and then ink the stamp with Timber Brown StazOn. I stamped it on Glossy card stock. Then covered the image with clear embossing powder and used my heat tool to set the powder. I trimmed my glossy card stock with Soft Suede (one of the new In Colors). The card base is Crushed Curry. I used Versamark again and used the same butterfly stamp from the Branch Out set. I stamped those on the Crushed Curry that isn't covered by other layers. The sentiment "Thinking of You..." was stamped in Dusty Durango onto Crushed Curry. I trimmed that with Dusty Durango card stock. I center that under the main image. I used the same technique to this card as I did in this post. I sponged around the tree image with Crush Curry and Dusty Durango. Then I used a sponge dauber to apply Dusty Durango around the edges of the Crushed Curry. I rounded all the corners except the top left. The ribbon I used is Very Vanilla with Dusty Durango sponged onto it. I really like how it turned out and you could change out the sentiments and not stamp butterflies and you have a masculine card. Hope you like and thanks for looking. Check back tomorrow for some Halloween projects. Have a great one.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment