Sunday, August 23, 2009

New Discovery

 
 Hey Fellow Stampers!  I discovered a website the other night and that site lead me to a another new one.  First this one, the creative lady from this, Michelle posted a cute Halloween card and my first thought was, I need that stamp, so I clicked on the link and it took me to this site Dustin Pike.  So I am looking for the stamp she used and discovered that the 'stamp' was a digi-image.  Dustin draws these images and then makes them available as digital stamps.  He has some super cute ones for sale but he also posts 'freebies' which is where the bear on this card came from.  I printed him on white card stock, colored him with watercolor pencils, cut out around him and viola.  I used a combination of  Dustin Pike, retired and current Stampin' UP!  I used Basic Grey, Tango Tangerine,  and Ghostly Greetings DSP.  The sentiment is from the Eat, Drink, and Be Scary set that is available in the current SU catalog.  Unfortunately, the Tango Tangerine and Ghostly Greetings are retired but it is the only Halloween paper I have right now.  On the Basic Grey piece that the Pumpkin bear is attached, I took my Jet Black StazOn and went around the edges and I used Tango Tangerine around the edges of the piece of DSP.  The sentiment is stamped on Tango Tangerine with Jet Black StazOn.  Punched out with the small tag punch and framed in Basic Grey using the large tag punch. Over the next couple of days, you will probably see several projects using a combination of Dustin's images and SU products.  I bought 8 images and downloaded all the freebies I could find.....I lost control for a minute.  I hope you like it.  Let me know.  Thanks for stopping by.
Come and create something with me,
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment