Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More Dustin Pike

Good Morning my fellow stampers!  Today's project is another Halloween card and another freebie image from Dustin Pike. To color this cute little monster, I tried a new coloring technique that I found on this blog.  The technique uses watercolor pencils, a blending stump, and odorless minerals.  The blending stump can be found in the art section at your local craft store.  I got mine at Hobby Lobby and they were in the section with the watercolor pencils.  The odorless minerals was also in the art section but it was with the painting materials.  I used Prismacolor watercolor pencils and started with the lightest shade and worked my way to the darkest color.  The card base is Dusty Durango with a stripe of Crushed Curry.  I stamped the sentiment in Dusty Durango and it is from the Eat, Drink, and Be Scary set.  The image is printed on white card stock and backed with a black piece from the Ghostly Greetings DSP (which is retired).  I brushed the edges of the base and the white card stock with Crushed Curry.  The coloring technique was time consuming, mainly, I think because I am just learning how but the end result made it worth it.  Thanks for looking.  What do you think?  Leave a comment.  
Come and create something with me, 
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment