Sunday, June 28, 2009

I really am alive



Happy Sunday! Contrary to my posting behavior lately, I really am still alive. I was distracted by the Men's CWS and then I got a horrible cold...I know...it's summer and I firmly believe that the colds that you get in the summer are far worse than anything you could get in the winter....I am not over it yet but at least I don't feel like something that was pushed under a moving vehicle anymore. So today's project, is something I made last week before I got sick and am just getting around to posting. It wasn't what I planned when I started the project but I like the way it turned out. What I started with was, the Embrace Life set. I stamped and embossed the flowers on clear Vellum and then I colored the flowers, I had intended to do a stain glass card but that isn't what I ended up with. The card base is Cameo Coral. The DSP is Walk in the Park (which is retiring). I took the 5-petal flower punch and punched out flowers with the vellum I had prepared for the stain glass . I adhered them to a white piece of card stock with snail adhesive. Once I had them all glued down, I put Cameo Coral and Pink Passion ink over the vellum flowers. Then I took the eyelet border punch (that I borrowed from my mom) and punched the edges of the white card stock. Then I took the leaf stamp from the Embrace Life set and stamped in Versa mark on the top part of the Cameo Coral. I adhered the piece with the flowers to the base with Stampin' Dimensionals. I took the Silver Encore pad and brushed silver on the edges of the card base. Then I used my mom's Martha Stewart(gasp!) butterfly punch and punched some butterflies out of Raspberry Tart (which is also going to be retiring) I stamped Embrace Life in Rose Red on white card stock. I used the scalloped oval to punch out the sentiment and centered it in the middle of the flowers. I attached two of the butterflies to the oval and tried to bend the paper so the butterflies looked like the were flitting around. I am not sure that I love it but I think it makes a striking image. Thanks for looking and hanging in there with me. Remember that the new Stampin' UP! catalog goes live this Wednesday, July 1st. Lots of new goodies in there and I can't wait to share with you.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment