Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To the Nines Tuesday




Good Morning fellow stampers! Finally a project and not just me gabbing! The card I have for you today uses a non-Stampin' UP! stamp (gasp!). The stamp is by Inkadinkado called Lighthouse. I found this stamp in the clearance aisle of my local Hobby Lobby. For some reason, it spoke to me and I bought without any clear idea of what I would use if for. Then Sunday night I had the idea to use VersaMark ink and Sahara Sand card stock. So I stamped the image in VersaMark ink on Sahara Sand card stock. I cut the image into 3 equal (or as equal I could) panels. I adhered the panels to one of the Always Artichoke designs from the To the Nines specialty paper. I will be honest when I bought this card stock I wasn't sure I was going to like but this is the 3rd card I have made using it and I really do like it. So my card base is also Sahara Sand. Then I adhered one of the Sahara Sand designs to my base and then I used one of the Chocolate Chip designs to create a contrast piece. I used some dimensionals to attach my panel piece over the Chocolate chip. I used one of the sentiments from the Very Versatile set. I stamped that in VersaMark ink on Sahara Sand card stock. Then I used another piece of the Chocolate Chip to frame it. I placed that piece centered over the Lighthouse and adhered it. I stamped "Praying for You" on the inside of the card. I was looking at it when I was all done and decided that I needed something else so I added 3 silver nail head stickers to the right top corner of the last panel piece. I love how it turned it out. I didn't intend for this to be a spiritual card but this card seem to really just create itself. Thanks for looking!

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment