Monday, April 19, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers


Hey stampers!  I had to have another sympathy card and needed it to be somewhat masculine as it is for my company's CFO who lost his mother.  The base color is a left over in color from a couple of years called River Rock.  I stamped the leaves from the tree in the Thoughts and Prayers set along the left side in Crushed Curry ink (which I will miss).  Then on a piece of Wild Wasabi (which is coming back in the 2010-2011 catalog) I stamped the whole tree in Soft Suede ink and stamped "Sharing in Your Sorrow" also in Soft Suede.  Then I trimmed that in basic black card stock.  The ribbon is the only non SU thing and I have no idea where it came from but it  mixed well with everything so I went with it.  I used a tool that my sister bought a couple of years ago from a craft store that shall not be named.  It is a Ribbon Iron.  It is exactly what you think, a special iron for your ribbon,  I have a bunch of ribbon and sometimes I don't always keep it neat and tidy because of my organization issues and my cat but that is another post so this tool is nice to smooth out the bumps in the ribbon from being stored.  I cased this from someone who cased it from someone else on Split coast.  I know it has been a while since I posted but I craft table deep in graduation invitations for my youngest nephew who graduates high school at the end of May.  When I have them done I will post some pics of what my craft table has looked for the past week or so.  Thanks for stopping by.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment