Saturday, April 24, 2010

The project that has kept from posting much



Hey stampers!  I have been working very hard on my nephew's graduation invitations.  I made 100 of them and they have been taking over the stamp table for quite a while.  Well, I finished them this morning and they are boxed and ready to go to my nephew to be addressed and mailed.  I got the idea for the card style from Dawn Griffith blog.  I used Real Red, Brilliant Blue, and Whisper white card stock.  I did use two non SU items.  I used some ribbon that my sister found for me from a local independent craft store.  I used it because of the stars and the colors as my nephews high school is the North High Stars.  I also used red tinsel embossing powder for the "G".  The "G" is from the Great Grads set that is a retired Stampin' UP! set.  One detail that doesn't show up very well in the photos is the fact that I took the jumbo wheel "Seeing Stars" and used Versamark and rolled stars on the Real Red and the Brilliant Blue card stock.  It is one of the details that really adds to it.   I love how they turned out and hope that he likes them.  The smaller blue card is the insert with the ceremony and open house house times and locations on it.  I also included some photos of them in their boxes for transportation to my nephew.  This was a labor of love because they turned out to be more time consuming that I thought they would be but I am happy with them. 

Tomorrow, I will be walking in the March of Dimes-March for Babies walk.  My sister and I are walking 3 miles with several of my coworkers so I don't know if I will post tomorrow or not but I will be back on a regular schedule starting Monday the 26th.  Thanks for stopping by.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment