Sunday, April 4, 2010

Message for Mom

Happy Easter stampers!  Today was very relaxing and I had some more time to make cards.  The project I am sharing with you tonight will be the card I give to my mom for Mother's Day.  I bought this set from the Spring 2010 mini because of the versatility for different cards that could be made.  I am sure everyone will agree that our moms have a huge impact on our lives and as we get older and start having kids of our own, everything Mom told us growing up starts to make sense.  So anyway, I hope you enjoy my creation.  I used the Messages for Mom stamp set.  First I used my Pink Passion Stampin' Write marker to color the m's in MOM.  I stamped them onto the whisper white card stock.  Then I took the flower image from the set and colored that with my Pixie Pink marker.  I stamped that in place of the "o".  I colored the flowers with canary yellow and pink watercolor pencils and did the vines in grass green.  I had a 'scrap' piece from the card I made last night, which is the piece you have left after you cut out a Top Note die so I used that to frame my "mom".  I stamped around the edges of the frame with versamark the saying, "Amazing, incredible one who does it all." and then on the bottom I stamped it in Jet Black Staz On. Sorry that the pictures are clearer but I am practicing with a new camera. On the inside I stamped Happy Mother's Day with Pink Passion ink.  I took some clear crystals that I have that are very tiny and put them in the points on the frame.  I love how it turned out and can't wait to give it to my mom.  Have a great week and thanks for stopping by. 


Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment