Tuesday, May 4, 2010

March of Dimes Thank you notes


Hey stampers!  Tonight's projects are two of the cards I made for the people who donated to my March of Dimes..March for Babies walk which was the last Sunday in April.  It was a 3 mile walk at Mahoney State Park in Ashland, NE.  It wasn't the nicest day but my sister and I finished in a little over an hour and we weren't the last ones to cross the finish line.  I had four donations for a total of $65.  I didn't need to collect money because my employer donated money to cover the cost of the walkers from our company and "fund" raising for us but this is such an important cause that I felt I should try to raise additional monies.  Ok, enough preaching here is the first card.  I saw a card on someone's desk at work and liked the simple layout so I copied the general layout.  A plain card with a splash of color.  I used Very Vanilla card stock, Perfect Plum card stock and ink.  I used the Oval All stamp set and the Scallop Oval punch.  The ribbon on this card is something I left over and is the only non SU item.  I love this ribbon because it takes on the color of the card stock that you put it against.  On the Perfect Plum card stock, I stamped a couple flowers from the Awash with Flowers (which is available to all July 1st.) with Perfect Plum Ink.  I adhered the Perfect Plum down the center of my card base and then stamped the "thank you" from the Oval All twice.  Once on vanilla card stock with Perfect Plum ink and once on Perfect Plum card stock with the same ink.  I used the Scalloped oval punch on the Perfect Plum image.  On the vanilla image, I cut out around the dotted line and adhered it to the Perfect Plum oval and then popped it up on the card with dimensionals over the ribbon. 
Then next card uses the same basic pattern just different papers, ribbon, and ink.  On this card I used the retired Raspberry Tart Designer paper, some retired ribbon and some pink buttons that were non SU.  I used the same stamp from the Oval All set and Melon Mambo ink.  I popped the image with dimensionals on the designer paper.  I have two more that I will show everyone tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,



Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment