Thursday, May 6, 2010

Awash with Flowers for Mom

Hey Stampers!  This is the mother's day card that I made for my mother in law.  I used the Awash with Flowers set that was a sneak peek in April for the new catalog in July.  When I first saw this set, I thought what would I do with that...and then I saw some of the cards and things my fellow demos were making and just had to have it.  The other night, I was visiting the blog of the wonderful Jan Tink and she had a new technique video called Burnishing.  She used a sponge dauber and I don't have clean ones so I decided to try it with the regular stamping sponges.  I think the daubers probably give you more control of applying the color but I love the way this looks. The big "MOM" is from a set that was just in the last mini occasions catalog.  On the inside I stamped "sending extra love your way" and "Happy Mother's Day!"  I used bright colors and stamped the outlines in Staz-On Jet Black and used the Glossy white card stock.   I edged the sides of the card with Rich Razzleberry ink and think that adds just a little bit to the whole look like Jan says in her video.  So I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment