Sunday, February 27, 2011

I have you under my spell

Hey stampers!  Tonight I bring you a technique that is called "Black Magic".  I have seen it before but this is the first time that I have tried it myself.  I used Baroque Motifs and a two step stamp set that is a retired Stampin' UP! set.  On the first picture to the left, I used the swirl and the little daisy.  Okay first you need a piece of black card stock and Whisper White Craft ink-next you need a solid image stamp, this technique will only work with this kind of stamp image.  You will also need your water color pencils, your heat emboss gun, and a dry paper towel-this is to wipe off the tip of you water color pencil because sometimes the craft ink with rub off onto the pencil and make it hard to color your image. When . Ok, now we are ready to rock and roll.  First ink up the solid image that you want to use with the craft ink, stamp your image on the black card stock.  Then take your heat gun and wave it over your image until the ink sets, don't skip this step because the craft ink takes a looooooooooooooong time to dry so this will speed up your process.  Once you have your image dry, pick out the colors that you want to use to color your image.  The pencils I used are metallic pencils that Stampin' UP! use to carry but any water color pencil will work.  Color your images and then assembly your card.  Now on the card on the bottom right, I did the same technique but with a two step stamp set.  I learned this techinque from
Dawn Griffith's site.  You use all the same supplies the only difference is that once you have finished coloring your solid image, you take the outline image and stamp over what you colored.  I did use my gun to set the ink.  I also used my scallop oval punch and scallop border punch on this bottom card.  Both of these cards are gorgeous in real life.  So if have the craft whisper white and black card stock and a solid image stamp, you can do this technique.  Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment