Thursday, September 2, 2010

Do not adjust your computer monitor.......


Hey stampers!  No you don't need to adjust your computer monitor this really is a post with a new project.  As a Stampin'UP! demo, I am not really suppose to post projects that high light other companies products..which I understand but with my mojo being a little off..I am going to take inspiration where I can so there are some Stampin' UP! products and some non SU products.  This is a Halloween card that I made using a laser cut sticker by Mrs Grossman's.  Now while this is gorgeous and I love how it turned out...it will be one of kind because the other sticker that was in the package got ruined because I didn't think my project all the way through...and really I might make more you never know.  Anyway on to the card.  The sticker is black and it is spooky Halloween night.  I started by putting my sticker on a neutral card stock.  Then I took my black water color pencil and colored in the night.  Then I used my Sakura glitter gel pens to color the windows of the house so it looked like someone was.  I colored the moon with my yellow water color pencil and colored the word "boo" with purple and then went over it with the purple Sakura glitter pen.  I took a blender pen to smooth out the pencil lines in the night and in the moon.  Then I took yellow Stickles glue glitter and went over the windows again.  I wanted my moon to look 'foggy' so I used white Stickles on it.  I set it aside and let the Stickles dry.  Then I took my homemade 'glitter mist' and sprayed the scene.  The 'glitter mist' is rubbing alcohol mixed with silver Pearl-ex powder (which is one of the first things I ever bought as a SU customer and it is retired now).  Because it is rubbing alcohol...it takes a LONG time to dry but gives a gorgeous sparkly to the black scene.  Once it was all dry, I trimmed it down so you couldn't see the light color anymore and then I used Rich Razzleberry to trim it.  The sticker is 3 x 3 3/4 so I cut my Razzleberry to 3 1/4 x 4.  Then I used Tango Tangerine as my card base and put my sticker in the upper left area of the card.  I then added some bat stickers that I have. and put a black strip of card stock along the bottom and 3 glitter brads in the new In Colors, I used the Peach Parfait, sounds yummy right.  And on the inside I stamped "Trick or Treat"  using a retired hostess set from the last catalog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment