Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snowflakes




I finally decided this year to try something that was all the craze last year.  I used my Big Shot, a snowflake die cut, and aluminum pop cans to make snowflakes.  They turned out really cool.  I have a pictures of the ones that I made from the Diet Coke can with the snowflakes on the can.  What I have discovered though is that the more color in the can the better the snowflakes look.  Mountain Dew cans make really pretty ones as do Diet Squirt cans.  But this is kind of dangerous because you have to cut the top off the can and then cut down the middle and then cut the bottom off.  I used a utility knife to cut the top of the can off and then kitchen shears to cut the can down the middle and then to take the bottom off.  You can get 1 snowflake from a 12 oz. can. One question a few people asked me is were the edges sharp after the can is cut and they aren't so it is really nice.  I used some string and I thought jewelry wire would work nicely too.    So here are the pictures.  Let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment